Mar 19, 2007

The Ability to Begin Again

I recently came across this bit of excellent advice from Robert
Kiyosaki
, the author of the famous "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" series of
books. Robert says:

"Most people choose not to be rich. For 90%
of the population, being rich is 'too much of
a hassle.' So they invent sayings that go,
'I'm not interested in money.' Or 'I don't
have to worry, I'm still young.' Or 'When I
make money, then I'll think about my future.'
Or 'My husband/wife handles the finances.'

"The problem with those statements is they
rob the person who chooses to think such
thoughts of two things: one is time, which is
your most precious asset, and two is learning.
Just because you have no money, it should not
be an excuse not to learn. But that is the
choice we make daily, the choice of what we
do with our time, our money and what we put
in our heads. That is the power of choice.
All of us have choice. I just choose to be
rich, and I make that choice every day.

"INVEST FIRST IN EDUCATION. In reality, the
only asset you have is your mind, the most
powerful tool we have dominion over."

Well, I think you have to admit he's got a great point there! We
are, all of us, daily choosing what we do with the time, money,
and energy we have right now and we are choosing what goes into
our heads. And what's in our heads -- what we are giving our
attention to -- is EXACTLY what's determining the life
experiences we are living.

No comments: